Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hello!

Hey, you made it over! The StitcheryRoom is where I'm going to be spending part of my time this winter - I'm converting one of my guest rooms to a studio for the winter months. This is what it looked like on Saturday...

... and Sunday morning...

... and then Monday...

...I know - it's got a little way to go yet, but come next Tuesday it will be looking good. You do not want to see the hallway though - luckily there are no guests staying until Friday - by then I will have worked out a way to get the biggest mattress I've ever seen in my life up the skinniest set of stairs - round the corner, through Jake's room and into a loft which is full all ready!!! I can see it all now - half way up the stairs I am going to collapse into a fit of giggles because of the hopelessness of the situation, I will be in serious danger of being crushed by a big (very big) squidgy mattress, and Jake will be hanging on to the other end of the mattress for dear life but knowing him, he will be laughing just as much as me. Can't wait!! And just imagine the fun when we have to bring it back downstairs come Spring - doesn't bear thinking about really. I do sometimes ask myself - why?? I really do have a bad habit of not quite thinking some things all the way through!! Who could tell there was going to be a tricky bit on the end?
So, assuming I survive the mattress to the loft "situation", this is where I'll be planning and stitching for classes, where you can pop in see samples, come for a cuppa, and check out the new stuff. This blog will be all about the StitcheryRoom - it's where I'll show you what I'm working on and what's new. I've already ordered in some absolutely fabulous fabrics for upcoming retreats and classes. Just for starters - these are new...
.... gorgeous aren't they - a fabulous soft pastel range called ''Veronique'' from P & B Studio. And these are some new patterns that Lesley from Faeries in my Garden has designed ...

The studio will be open each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11.00 until 3.00 p.m. (first day is next week). Also, if you're planning a girls' weekend to Dunedin, or a craft trip, you're welcome to come visit - I'll put the kettle on!
Next post I'll show you the finished room, and maybe have some details on upcoming classes and retreats.
See you then.
Jenny

2 comments:

kathy said...

Exciting!

Lesley said...

Hi Jenny,
What a transformation! It looked lovely before, but now it looks all "quilty" and inviting!
Good Luck.
Lesley.